By Shonali Pachauri
With power intake set to turn into one of many largest concerns within the day-by-day lives of owners around the globe, this ebook couldn't be extra suitable – even though it makes a speciality of India. Pachauri adopts a socio-economic method of interpreting the strength approach and effort intake in India from a family point of view. The paintings additionally contains the most important points usually overlooked: specifically, the significance of non-commercial assets of power, and variety within the styles of power utilization.
Read Online or Download An Energy Analysis of Household Consumption: Changing Patterns of Direct and Indirect Use in India (Alliance for Global Sustainability Bookseries) PDF
Best oil & energy books
Each one week the oil and fuel fields of sub-Saharan Africa produce good over one billion dollarsвЂ™ worthy of oil, an quantity that some distance exceeds improvement reduction to the total African continent. but the emerging tide of oil funds isn't really selling balance and improvement, yet is as a substitute inflicting violence, poverty, and stagnation.
1. 1. Oil fee fluctuations and their effect on financial functionality Drastic oil fee fluctuations were a tremendous attribute of the area petroleum marketplace because the starting of the seventies. The oil crises of 1973n4 and 1979/80 have been through a dramatic drop of the oil fee throughout the first quarters of 1986.
Carbon catch and garage (CCS) know-how may supply a technological bridge for reaching almost about midterm GHG emission relief objectives. built-in CCS know-how remains to be lower than improvement and has noteworthy demanding situations, which might be attainable to beat throughout the implementation of large-scale demonstration tasks.
- Making the Most of the Water We Have: The Soft Path Approach to Water Management
- Modeling and Forecasting Electricity Demand: A Risk Management Perspective
- Energy, Transport, & the Environment: Addressing the Sustainable Mobility Paradigm
- China's Oil Industry and Market (Elsevier Global Energy Policy and Economics Series) (Elsevier Global Energy Policy and Economics Series)
- Quantitative and Empirical Analysis of Energy Markets
- Palm Oil and Protest: An Economic History of the Ngwa Region, South-Eastern Nigeria, 1800-1980 (African Studies)
Extra info for An Energy Analysis of Household Consumption: Changing Patterns of Direct and Indirect Use in India (Alliance for Global Sustainability Bookseries)
This too has traditionally been government regulated through an administered pricing regime and has often involved large subsidies to some sectors, especially to the household and agricultural sectors, on equity grounds. However, recent studies and results discussed in later chapters of this book show that most of these subsidies have been misdirected with wealthier and better of sections of the population that have better access and consume larger quantities of energy often benefiting the most from the subsidies1.
Since investments or capital goods have a lifetime of over one year, the ideal way to deal with them is by using dynamic input-output analysis that takes into account annual depreciations in their stocks. However, there is a great deal of uncertainty regard3 For the service sectors it was assumed that the salary and wages comprised a large share of total value added and in addition that movement in salary and wages followed the trend in the consumer price index for urban non-manual employees. 48 Chapter 3: Energy Analysis and Energy Intensities for India ing which depreciation rates should be used.
2 Direct Energy Services in the Household Sector The main energy services demanded directly by households in India are for cooking, lighting and appliances and water heating. Space heating is required in only a few parts of the country and is seasonal in these areas. In general, the energy needs for cooking still comprise the bulk of the total direct energy requirements of households in India. 1 Cooking Cooking is the activity that accounts for the highest amount of direct energy needs of households in India.
An Energy Analysis of Household Consumption: Changing Patterns of Direct and Indirect Use in India (Alliance for Global Sustainability Bookseries) by Shonali Pachauri